Pumpkin Macadamia Nut Bread Pudding
This is a recipe we've been making for years, and is one of our favorite ways to kick off pumpkin spice season!
Pumpkin is an antioxidant-rich ingredient that adds nutrient density to this bread pudding recipe, so it's a great way to get in your vitamins (and enjoy them, too!)
We sweeten it up using coconut-infused cane sugar from Salty Wahine, which is a two-ingredient delicacy sourced right on the island of Kauai. Golden raisins and macadamia nuts from Island Harvest add a delightful texture.
Keep reading to get the recipe and embrace Fall the Hawaiian way!
- 8 cups bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Salty Wahine coconut sugar + 2 Tbsp
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup Island Harvest macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 9×13 baking dish coat with cooking spray on all sides.
- Combine the yogurt, milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and 1 cup of Salty Wahine Coconut Sugar in a bowl and whisk.
- Stir in the golden raisins and gently fold the bread cubes into mixture.
- Pour mixture into 9x13 baking dish
- In a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbsp Salty Wahine Coconut sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over mixture and cover the baking pan loosely with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with the Island Harvest Macadamia Nuts and and bake until the top is golden and the center is set, 20 to 25 minutes longer.