Pumpkin Mochi Squares
This Hawaiian Fall dessert is a take on the classic Mochi recipe, but with Pumpkin!
Mochi is a Japanese dessert cake made with a sweet rice flour. A favorite in Hawaii, we especially love it because it is super easy to make and mildly sweet! We're not kidding when we say we drive to our local Mochi spot on a regular basis and finish the box before we make it home. 😆
Keep reading for the Pumpkin Mochi recipe!
- 1 pound and 1/4 cup mochiko flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (29 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 blocks (1 cup) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 inch baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl beat eggs together and add the rest of the wet ingredients. Combine wet ingredients together and mix well. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool for 2-3 hours and cut into 24 squares with plastic knife to prevent sticking.
Makes 24 servings
Total Time: 1 hour, 55 minutes
If you find yourself on Team Mochi, check out our recipe for the Hawaiian Lilikoi Mochi as well!
Be the first to comment.