Grilled Banana Macadamia Nut Bread with Macadamia Nut Caramel Sauce
We're kicking off banana month and welcoming Fall with this delicious Grilled Banana Macadamia Nut Bread.
This cozy dessert bread recipe features crunchy, buttery macadamia nuts from Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company that are just made for baking. While your bread is baking, cook up a simple caramel syrup that only dreams are made of using the Coconut Cane Sugar from Salty Wahine and Premium Macadamia Oil from Maiden Hawaii.
Once you pop the bread out of the oven (and fill your home with the delicious aroma of baked bananas), grill and drizzle your homemade macadamia nut caramel sauce on top and let your hard work melt in your mouth.
This is a recipe you'll want to add to your Fall dessert rotation!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup Salty Wahine Coconut Cane Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted let stand until cool
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Hamakua Macadamia Nut Unsalted Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mash bananas with masher
- Add the melted butter and mix until combined, then add the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Fold in dry ingredients until smooth.
- In a bread loaf pan use some butter to grease the pan and then add batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, then transfer out of pan onto a wire rack for complete cooling.
- Slice Banana Bread into individual bread slices to your liking. Here is where the magic happens: Use either a Panini Grill or any Grilling Pan. Grease your pan or grill with non-sticking spray. Butter both sides of your Banana Macadamia Nut Bread and grill on each side until they are lightly toasted. Drizzle with Macadamia Nut Caramel Sauce (recipe below) and garnish with slices of banana and chopped macadamia nuts.
Ingredients for Macadamia Nut Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup Salty Wahine Coconut Cane Sugar
- ½ cup Maiden Hawaii Hawaiian Macadamia Premium Culinary Oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
Method for Macadamia Nut Caramel Sauce
- Combine sugar and macadamia oil and blend well. Heat sugar mixture in a cast iron skillet or a medium saucepan with a thick base over medium heat. (Do not use a nonstick pan.) After several minutes, you’ll see clear patches of melted sugar beginning to appear.
- Continue heating until about half the sugar is melted. Stir constantly, until sugar is mostly melted and the caramel is a deep golden-brown. Meanwhile, heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
- While whisking the caramel vigorously, add a couple tablespoons of cream. The mixture will bubble and sputter. Reduce the heat and continue whisking while adding the cream in a slow steady stream until all the cream is added and the mixture is mostly free of lumps.
- Turn off heat and strain the caramel sauce through a fine-mesh strainer into a metal or ceramic bowl. Use immediately or cool to room temperature and refrigerate in a glass jar.
Tell us how yours comes out in the comments or tag us on Instagram @tastesofaloha .