One of our very favorite recipes: Lilikoi Mochi! While mochi originated from Japan, it was then introduced to Hawaii, and now there are many delicious variations that you can find throughout the islands, such as this recipe!
For this recipe, we use Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree, which is an all-natural, made-on-the-island specialty that features just one ingredient: Passion Fruit Puree! When combined with mochi flour and baking staples, the end result is an easy & sweet tropical treat and gluten free!
- 1-pound mochi flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9" x 13" baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Pour mochi into greased pan and bake for 45-60 min, should be lightly brown
- Cool and serve