Macadamia Nut Stuffing With Pineapple
We have been waiting all year to try this new stuffing recipe for Thanksgiving and the wait is finally over! Using macadamia nuts, pineapple and maui onions it brings all the flavors of Hawai’i together in one delicious dish!
This Macadamia Nut Stuffing with Pineapple uses Maui Onion Gourmet Sea Salt with Aloha that brings the sweetness of the onion and adds a wonderful complexity to the stuffing. The Island Harvest Organic Macadamia Nuts are so buttery and add just the right amount of crunch. Both of these ingredients are sourced straight from Hawai’i.
Whether you're hosting Thanksgiving or bringing a side dish to your family's table this year, this is the savory recipe with a hint of sweet and a ton of Hawaiian authenticity that everyone will love. And there's just something about a good stuffing recipe that makes our bellies warm and our hearts full with holiday cheer.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE
- 8 cups –Dry Bread Cubes, if using fresh bread – cut cubes the night before and let it sit out
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup Maui Sweet Onion, but, a yellow onion will do
- 1/2 cup non- salted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon Maui Onion Salt with Aloha
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ tbsp dried sage
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup Island Harvest Organic Macadamia Nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup tart green apple
- ½ cup chicken broth + extra
METHOD FOR THE BEST STUFFING RECIPE
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, add butter. Let butter melt to coat skillet and add celery, onion and cook until slightly golden and tender, add salt, pepper, dried thyme, and dried sage. Mix well and let simmer for about a minute.
- Transfer the celery & onions mixture to the bread mixture and add apples, macadamia nuts, cranberries, pineapple. Mix well.
- Add broth to bread mixture and combine until broth is Stir the mixture until combined, and the broth is absorbed. If too dry, add more broth
- Grease a 3 qt casserole dish with lid cover. Cover with lid and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the cover and bake 10-15 minutes.