Sweet & Tangy Cranberry Lilikoi Sauce
We're here to settle the famous Thanksgiving debate of canned cranberry vs. the homemade stuff by bringing you our Hawaiian homemade cranberry sauce recipe. While some just can't part with those rigid can lines on the cranberry jelly from the supermarket, our Lilikoi Cranberry Sauce might help to sway your opinion just a bit, and here's why.
The magic of this Hawaiian recipe is in the Da Vine Foods Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree, which is made from lilikoi sourced straight from the beautiful Big Island of Hawai'i. This all-natural, one-ingredient puree is handcrafted and made in small batches to ensure top-notch quality, which means. . . it makes the best addition to your Thanksgiving recipe.
So go ahead, change the minds of those canned cranberry fans this holiday season by treating them to our Hawaiian Cranberry Lilikoi Sauce!
INGREDIENTS FOR OUR HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 3/4 c. Hula Girl Vanilla Sugar
- 1/2 c. Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange zest *make a little extra to use for garnish, if desired
METHOD FOR OUR HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water, cinnamon and passion fruit puree.
- Stir in cranberries and orange zest. Cook until the cranberries start to pop, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
- If making ahead store in air tight container in refrigerator.
- If making day of, cool completely. Transfer to serving dish preferred and garnish with zested orange peel.
Feel free to substitute the orange zest with lemon zest, or make one batch of each if you're hosting a large Thanksgiving!