Baked Salmon with Hawaiian Honey Lime Sauce
This week on the Tastes of Aloha recipe blog, we're whipping up one of our favorite weeknight dinner meals. Baked Salmon with Hawaiian Honey Lime Sauce is a buttery and heart-healthy dish that features a sweet and tangy punch.
The secret to getting a flavorful fish is in the salmon prep itself, where we season the filets using Kailua Raw Hawaiian Honey and Maiden Hawaii Premium Macadamia Nut Oil. The combination of the unprocessed, unfiltered honey and the premium expeller-pressed oil make for the freshest tasting salmon!
After the salmon is ready, we smother it in our homemade Hawaiian Honey Lime Sauce. We use (you guessed it!) the Kailua Raw Hawaiian Honey, lime juice, and the Maui Onion Gourmet Sea Salt from For J's.
Keep reading to get the full recipe!
For the salmon
- 4 salmon filets
- Maui Onion Gourmet Sea Salt from For J's and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour or gluten free powder
- 4 tablespoons Kailua Raw Hawaiian Hone
- 2 tablespoons Maiden Hawaii Premium Macadamia Nut Oil
- Zest of 1 lime
For the Browned Butter Honey Lime Sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon Kailua Honey Raw Hawaiian Honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- For Js Maui Onion Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Browned Butter Lime Sauce
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until the foam subsides and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, honey and lime juice, salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
For Salmon Fillets
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge each salmon filet with 1 tablespoon flour and drizzle with 1 tablespoon honey.
- Heat macadamia nut oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add salmon to the skillet and sear both sides until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place in oven and bake until completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with browned butter lime sauce and lime zest, if desired.