Bourbon Glazed Honey Carrots
Give your carrot dish a twist this Easter with our Bourbon Glazed Honey Carrots.
This Tastes of Aloha original recipe includes fresh carrots smothered in a delicate glaze made with Barrel-Aged Bourbon Honey from Kailua Honey.
Get the full recipe below, and read until the bottom for a fun fact about this honey (and how you can help support not one but three local Hawaiian businesses!)
- 1 1/2 lbs whole carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Kailua Honey Barrel-Aged Bourbon Infused Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Place the carrots in a large pan and add 1 1/4 cups of water.
- Bring the carrots to a simmer. Cook the carrots for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain off any excess water.
- Add the butter, honey and salt to the pan. Stir to coat the carrots thoroughly.
- Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, stirring on occasion, until a glaze has formed.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired, then serve immediately.
Now for the fun fact. . .
When you use this, you'll be supporting not one but three local Hawaiian businesses (us included!), and here's why!
This honey is produced by Kailua Honey in collaboration with Ko`olau Distillery in Kailua. They age their raw Hawaiian honey in bourbon barrels. After the honey is aged to sweet perfection, they remove it and return the barrels to Ko`olau Distillery who then produces limited-edition Honey Bourbon in the same barrels.