Smoked Ahi (Tuna) Spread
The last beach day we had, we wanted to go all out on snacks! After all, what’s a beach day without enjoying some tasty treats? We took inspiration from the sea and decided to test out this delicious Smoked Ahi Spread to really encompass all of the Hawaiian beach feels!
In this recipe, we season Ahi (tuna) with a few of our favorite Hawaiian seasonings to create a smoky spiced flavor that’s perfect on crackers or a sandwich. 🥪
The Liquid Smoke from For Js, Hawaiian Hot Sauce from Da Kine, and Volcano Legend Seasoning from Ohana Spice Trading Company are all to thank for this savory spread you'll want to serve to your next crowd (or enjoy all on your own!)
**Hawaiian Ahi, also known as Yellowfin or Bigeye tuna, is a local fish that is used across so many of our authentic recipes. It's a go-to because of its smooth and buttery taste, but also because it is packed with Vitamin D, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- 8oz Tuna - albacore or yellow fin (canned or fresh)
- 4oz cream cheese, softened. or 4oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp For Js Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Da Kine Hawaiian Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Da Kine Hawaiian Original Rub
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Use electric mixer to whisk cream cheese to creamy consistency.
- Add tuna, mayonnaise, liquid smoke, hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder, seasoning, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- Stir until combined well
- Garnish with your preferred herbs and serve with favorite cracker or use as a sandwich spread!