Cranberry Lilikoi Sauce
Looking for a Hawaiian twist on a Thanksgiving favorite? We have been counting the days to start making our cranberry sauce with Da Vine Foods Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree. Handcrafted and made from lilikoi sourced from the beautiful Big Island of Hawa'i and made in small batches.
This Cranberry Lilikoi Sauce can be made up to a week ahead of the big day!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 3/4 c. Hula Girl Vanilla Sugar
- 1/2 c. Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange zest *make a little extra to use for garnish, if desired
In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the water, cinnamon and passion fruit puree. Stir in cranberries and orange zest. Cook until the cranberries start to pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
- If making ahead store in air tight container in refrigerator.
- If making day of, cool completely. Transfer to serving dish preferred and garnish with zested orange peel.
Feel free to substitute the orange zest with lemon zest. Both are terrific!
Serve with our Kalua Turkey Recipe here
Be the first to comment.