Spicy Pineapple Margarita
We're celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a little bit of tropical flavor . . . and a whole lot of margarita!
This Spicy Pineapple Margarita recipe is just the thing you need to "wow" the crowd at this year's fiesta. *Note -- You can absolutely enjoy this cocktail if you choose to celebrate by staying in as well. This decadent drink recipe features a few of our favorite cocktail staples, including Gourmet Pineapple Sugar from Salty Wahine and For Js Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt and Maui Fruit Jewels Pineapple Puree. We add to the fire with some jalapeno but balance it out with sweet pineapple.
If you're a fan of sweet and spicy, you're going to love this one!
- 1 tsp. Salty Wahine Gourmet Pineapple Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. For Js Hawaiian Chili Pepper Sea Salt
- 2 oz. tequila
- ½ oz Triple Sec
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 oz. Maui Fruit Jewels Pineapple Puree
- 2oz Pineapple Juice
- 2-3 Slices of Jalapeno
- Lime wedge for rimming
- Fresh pineapple wedge and a slice of jalapeño for garnish
- 1 cup of ice
For the rim:
- Combine pineapple sugar and Hawaiian chili pepper sea salt in a small bowl or plate.
- Prepare glass by rubbing the rim with a wedge of lime.
- Dip glass into sugar & salt mixture, add ice.
For the margarita:
- In a separate glass muddle jalapeno and add tequila. Let sit for 15 seconds, less or more depending on your tolerance for heat.
- Add triple sec, lime, pineapple puree, pineapple juice, slices of jalapeno and stir.
- Once mixed, pour into prepared glass with ice.
- Add slice of jalapeño and pineapple wedge for garnish
Be the first to comment.