Hawaiian Style Chili & Rice
What’s better than a savory chili recipe when the season starts to change? A savory chili recipe straight from the Tastes of Aloha kitchen!
Check out this scrumptious one made with these local producers Da Kine Hawaiian Original Rub and Original BBQ Sauce, for a unique sweet and robust flavor, Ohana Spice Tradition Seasoning, and Hawaiian Kiawe Gourmet Sea Salt that will have you coming back for seconds (and thirds)!
Say aloha to the coziest recipe you’ll make all year!
- 1 16 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 ½ lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cans dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 Portuguese sausage, sliced
- 3 T Ohana Spice Tradition Seasoning and Rub
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T Da Kine Hawaiian Original Rub
- 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Da Kine Original or Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 2 T cumin
- 1 T oregano
- 2 T coarse Hawaiian Kiawe Gourmet Sea Salt
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tsp Ohana Spice Volcanic Legend seasoning (optional)
In a large pot, fry sausage for 1 minute. Add onions, bell peppers and saute until golden brown. In a separate pan, cook ground beef until completely cooked. Combine the beef with the sausage, pepper and onion mixture, along with remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and then simmer for 1 hour minimum. Can be longer. Serve with white rice and garnish with cilantro and green onions. Top with cheese if desired.