Haupia Pumpkin Squares
We're bringing this fan-favorite Fall dessert recipe back because it's been a hot request this season! Our recipe for Haupia Pumpkin Squares is an easy-bake twist on your classic pumpkin pie recipe.
While we all love a good pumpkin flavor, the real star of this dessert dish is the creamy Hawaiian haupia. Haupia is a traditional coconut milk-based Hawaiian dessert with a pudding-like consistency. It's a classic staple on the Island, one that you're guaranteed to find at every Luau, and one we love to use whenever we get the chance to!
To make our Haupia Pumpkin Squares really simple, we use the just-add-water Hawaii's Best Hawaiian Haupia Luau Pudding Square Mix! Get the full recipe below!
- 1 (29oz.) Can Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped Island Harvest Organic Macadamia Nuts
- 2 block of butter (melted)
- 1 (4oz) Hawaii’s Best Haupia pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a 9x13 baking pan and line with wax paper, up to sides
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and salt. Pour into a baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle cake mix and macadamia nuts over pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon melted butter on top of mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, let cool.
- Once cool, invert and refrigerate.
- Prepare haupia as directed on package
- Place pudding mix into a 9x13 pan, cool & refrigerate until slightly firm.
- Add haupia to pumpkin mixture
Makes 24 servings
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes