Our 4th of July Favorites: A Tropical Spread
Hosting this years American birthday bash? Our 4th of July Spread is guaranteed to 'wow' your guests with something other than the typical hot dogs and burgers!
We've rounded up our favorite BBQ recipes from over the years and put them together so you can prep your menu, stress-free with a side of ALOHA!
All you need to bring is the grill (and the ingredients; some of which you can get right here on our site)!
This deliciously tropical spread features Hawaiian Paniolo Baked Beans, Tropical Coleslaw, and Grilled Bratwurst with a Hawaiian Twist.
Scroll to get the recipes!
Hawaiian Paniolo Baked Beans
- ½ lb bacon sliced into bite size portions
- 1 medium onion diced, separate into two equal portions
- ½ medium green bell pepper diced
- 1lb ground beef
- 3 Tbs Da Kine Hawaiian Original Rub
- 2 cans favorite baked beans
- ¾ cup Da Kine Smoky BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup Dip Into Paradise Pineapple Mustard
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- Parsley for garnish
- In a skillet cook bacon and onion until browned. Remove and drain bacon onion mixture on a paper towel.
- In another skillet, cook ground beef, remaining onion, and green bell peppers. Season with Da Kine Original Rub. Cook until ground beef is no longer pink.
- In a large foil pan add the 2 cans of baked beans, ground beef mixture, and bacon mixture. Stir to combine.
- Top the mixture with Da Kine Smoky BBQ Sauce, DIP Pineapple Mustard and Brown Sugar. Stir to combine well.
- Cover the foil pan with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped parsley
- Remove from the oven and serve warm!
- 1 bag pre-packaged chopped cabbage or cole slaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp Aunty Lilikoi Dressing
- 3/4 c chopped mango
- 2 tbsp Island Harvest Organic Macadamia Nuts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all together and chill.
Grilled Bratwurst- A Family Tradition with a Hawaiian Twist
- 1 package Bratwurst
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles domestic lager beer
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 5 teaspoons Dip Into Paradise Pineapple Mustard
- 5 buns
- In a pot place bratwurst, beer and onion. Beer should cover the sausages and onions. Bring beer to a gentle simmer - do not let it boil! Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until brats are opaque. They will look plump.
- Transfer bratwurst to grill with tongs, grill 5 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Turn occasionally.
- Serve with Pineapple Mustard and Bread Roll Bun