Guava Lilikoi (POG) Cranberry Sauce
This Guava Lilikoi Cranberry Sauce is the perfect complement to your Thanksgiving Day Turkey (have you seen our recipe for Kalua Turkey?!)
POG, otherwise known as Passion Orange Guava, is a popular flavor combination known in Hawaii. We used it as inspiration for this Guava Lilikoi Cranberry Sauce.
We whipped this recipe up using Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree , Salty Wahine Coconut Cane Sugar and Dip into Paradise Guava Jam to add sweetness to the tangy cranberry base.
Keep reading to get the full recipe!
- 1/4 cup Salty Wahine Coconut Cane sugar or more to taste
- 3 ½ Tbs Lilikoi Wai Passion Fruit Puree
- 2 Tbs fresh Orange Juice (from orange)
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1 cup Dip into Paradise Guava Jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces whole cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a saucepan, stir together sugar, puree, orange juice,guava jam, and vanilla over medium-heat while stirring.
- Add cranberries, salt, and the cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop and the sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes. You can also mash the cranberries until desired texture.
- Remove from heat and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer guava cranberry sauce to a bowl to cool for 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Be the first to comment.