Create Your Own Luau Dinner
Luaus are one of the most festive ways to celebrate our Hawaiian culture! Did you know they originated in the early 1800's, and have been part of the Island tradition ever since?
Modern-day Luaus are thrown to bring community and Ohana together while honoring achievements such as graduations, birthdays, and other exciting milestones.
At Tastes of Aloha, we know the value and connection food provides amongst people. Because luaus are a way to make connections, we're sharing our favorite Luau Dinner menu using the authentic Hawaiian ingredients found in our Luau Gift Box.
Recipe 1: Hawaiian Poke
Poke is a traditional Hawaiian seafood dish that includes seasoned cubes of raw fish. Our Hawaiian Poke recipe includes the Poke Mix seasoning from Noh Foods of Hawaii. This mix is an all-natural combination of Hawaiian salt, chili pepper, and Ogo (seaweed).
- 1 package NOH Poke Mix (0.4 oz.)
- 1 lb. fish or protein (tuna (ahi), swordfish, salmon, octopus (tako),tofu)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Cut raw fish or protein into 3⁄4” x 3⁄4” cubes.
- Remove ogo (seaweed) from package and place in bowl.
- Cover ogo with water and let stand 2-3 minutes.
- Remove ogo from water and slice into 1⁄2” pieces.
- Place cut fish or fish in a bowl and sprinkle ogo over fish.
- Add 2 teaspoons sesame oil and Poke Mix, mix well and serve.
- To enhance flavor and color, add chopped green onions.
Recipe 2: Hawaiian Kalua Pork
The Hawaiian Kalua Pork recipe is a fan favorite! When cooked on low, it turns into a melt-in-your-mouth main dish. The Kalua Smoked Seasoning Salt from Noh adds a delicious hickory flavor to this low-prep Luau staple.
- 2 tablespoons NOH Kalua Smoked Seasoning Salt
- 5 lbs pork butt (pork shoulder)
- Place pork (fat side up) into a slow cooker (crock pot).
- Sprinkle NOH Kalua Seasoning Salt over pork.
- Cook on low heat for 8 - 10 hours. (Instapot: 2 - 3 hours)
- Using 2 forks, shred meat, serve and enjoy!
- Option: Place in a Roasting Pan (sealing tightly
- with foil) and bake @ 275ᵒF in a convention oven or 225ᵒF in a
- convection oven, for a minimum of 6 - 10 hours.
- Remove foil and use 2 forks to shred meat.
Recipe 3: Haupia Luau Pudding Squares
It's not a Luau (or any party, for that matter) without dessert! These Haupia Luau Pudding Squares add a sweet ending to a wonderful Hawaiian night.
- 1 package of Hawaii's Best Haupia Luau Pudding Squares
- Follow package instructions, which tells you to just add water!
Are you throwing a Luau of your own? Be sure to grab our Luau Gift Box to add authentic Hawaiian flavor to your menu for the night! Mahalo!