Chocolate Haupia Pie
Haupia is a Hawaiian coconut pudding that is a staple for any great dessert spread. Our personal favorite is the Hawaiian Haupia Pudding Square Mix from Hawaii's Best because it is thick, creamy, and easy to make (all you have to do is add water!)
We took the mix and combined it with chocolate, for a pie recipe that will make you coco loco! For a little bit of added crunch, we sprinkled in crushed Organic Sea Salt Macadamia Nuts from Island Harvest!
Get the full recipe below.
- 1 9-inch pie crust, frozen or homemade
- 1 package Hawaii’s Best Hawaiian Haupia Mix
- 4 ounces semi-sweet bakers chocolate, chopped
- whipped topping
- Chopped Island Harvest Organic Sea Salt Macadamia Nuts
- shaved chocolate
- Prebake either a frozen or homemade pie crust. Allow to cool completely.
- Prepare Haupia according to package instructions.
- While the haupia cools slightly, microwave the chopped-up chocolate in 15-20 second intervals. Stir between intervals until smooth and thoroughly melted.
- Add melted chocolate to 1¾ cups of haupia. Stir until combined well.
- Pour into the cooled pie crust, smoothing into a flat, even layer.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to set up a bit.
- While the pie is in the refrigerator whisk the remaining haupia to prevent lumps from forming.
- After the pie has chilled for 5 minutes, pour the remaining haupia onto the chocolate layer.
- Smooth the top after pouring.
- Return pie to the refrigerator and allow it to chill for at least 4 hoursAfter chilling, top with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and macadamia nuts.