I'm so excited to share this Chicken Luau recipe with you today because it's one of my absolute favorites! I know I say that about a lot of the recipes on the Tastes of Aloha Recipe Blog, but I REALLY mean it when I say this is a must-try.
The Chicken Luau dish features a coconut base with robust onion flavor. We like to use the Instant Coconut Mix from NOH because it is a shelf stable item, so you can stock up for when you're ready to make Chicken Luau again (trust me, there will be an "again").
We add a sprinkle (or more) of the Maui Onion Gourmet Sea Salt from For J's for a savory flavor that will leave you wanting more.
This is a great warm and comforting recipe to get ready for the Fall season!And did we mention how easy it is to make?
- 1 package NOH Coconut Milk Flavor Base
- 5 cups warm water
- 1 lb. chicken (cut into 11/2 ” bite size pieces)
- 1 lb. frozen spinach or frozen cooked luau leaves
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon For J's Maui Onion Seasoning Salt
- Combine NOH Coconut Milk Mix with 1 cup warm water, mix well and set aside.
- Place chicken pieces into a medium-size pot and cover with water.
- Boil for 30 minutes or until done then drain water.
- Add 2 tablespoons salted butter and a pinch of salt.
- Cook for 1 - 2 minutes while stirring. Set aside.
- Rinse spinach or luau leaves in water and drain.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of salt with 4 cups water; mix well and add to spinach leaves. Let stand for 10 minutes, then rinse again with water and drain. (Squeeze off excess water).
- Add Coconut Milk mixture and spinach to cooked chicken. Simmer on medium to low heat for 5 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Are you going to try this? Share your results with us on Instagram!