At Tastes of Aloha, we're BIG fans of avocado toast. It's healthy for the heart, it's a great source of morning energy, and it's delicious! And while we love it on it's own, we decided to spice up the traditional recipe with a version we think you'll love.
We make homemade guac using For J's Maui Onion Gourmet Salt and sprinkle the toast with Da Kine's Original Rub. The Maui Onion Gourmet Salt is made from fresh onion grown on the slopes of Haleakala. The Original Rub is a gourmet all-purpose seasoning filled with robust flavors like lemon pepper, salt, coffee, and parsley. We add an optional egg to our toast for a boost of protein and flavor, but this recicpe can be made without them as well.
If you're an avocado-lover, you're going to want to give this recipe a try!
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For Js Maui Onion Sea Salt
- 2 slices of toasted bread
- Da Kine Original Rub to taste
- 2 eggs - over easy
- Mash ripe avocado, lemon juice, and For Js Maui Onion Sea Salt in a small bowl.
- While toasting bread, add the crack open the two eggs on to a heated frying pan.
- On a small plate, assemble your toasted bread slices, add the mashed avocado on both slices, top each bread slice with a cooked over easy egg.
- Sprinkle with Da Kine Original Rub.